Due to the current COVID outbreak in our area, new order shipments may be delayed by 4 - 6 weeks. All existing orders are still being processed as quickly as possible. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Saginaw P Series Power Steering Pump For Classic GM Cars & Current GM Trucks
This is a Saginaw "P" power steering pump. It was found on GM vehicles from the 60’s through the 90’s and is still in use on some GM trucks today. It is a wet style pump that resides inside of a reservoir can. Because of hundreds of variations of this can (different clocking, neck types, cap placement and return hose placement), we sell this pump without a can, intended to be installed into your existing can. It comes with a new o-ring and you can take a look at our quick video for installation instructions.
Variations of P Series Saginaw power steering pump
Here is a breakdown of the variations throughout the years for most models of GM vehicles:
- From 1964-1974 this Saginaw pump had SAE mounting threads, used an SAE inverted flare fitting and came with a 5/8"" Keyed shaft.
- From 1975-1979 this Saginaw pump had SAE mounting threads, used an SAE inverted flare fitting and came with a 3/4"" press on shaft.
- From 1980-on this Saginaw pump had metric mounting threads, used a metric o-ring fitting and came with a 3/4"" press on shaft.
Because of these variables you will need to know the following information to order:
- Shaft: 3/4" Press On or 5/8" Keyed
- Fitting Type: SAE Inverted Flare, Metric O-Ring or add -6AN ($15)
- Pressure/Flow: Standard 1450PSI & 2.75GPM or With Hydroboost Brakes 1500PSI & 3.0GPM
It is HIGHLY recommended to use our specialty formulated Lee Power Steering Fluid.
AC Delco or Valvoline non synthetic power steering fluid will work as a second choice but do not have the same Wear and Anti-Foaming additives our fluid has.
DO NOT USE ATF OR ANY TYPE OF SYNTHETIC FLUID.
This product will be shipped between 3-5 business days from when order is placed.
I had issues with my previous Saginaw pump from another vendor. Called Lee and they suggested their P-Series pump. I kept the old can, replaced the pump and the steering now works great.