Saginaw 708 Gearbox for 2WD GM Trucks/SUV's thru '86, 16:1 Variable Ratio
IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a Core charge of $150 that is included in the price of this product. If you return your Core to us, we will refund a portion of this product total. The portion refunded will depend on the quality of Core you are delivering to us. View our core values and policies.
$ 395.00 plus $150.00 Core deposit
This is a Pre-1987 GM truck and SUV gearbox. Known as a Saginaw 708 "OUTSIDE THE FRAME" steering gear. It is available in two different ratios, 14:1 and 16:1 Variable (4WD only available in 16:1). They also come with different sector shafts ("Threaded" for 2WD trucks and "Notched" for 4WD).
- 16:1 Ratio
- Threaded Sector Shaft (2WD)
- 4 bolt mounting pattern
- Outside the frame mounting
- 3/4-30 spline input shaft
- 25# Valve
- Fittings: Choose Inverted Flare for Pre-1980 vehicles, O-Ring for 1980-present, or -6AN ($30)
- Input Shaft: 13/16-36 Spline input shaft for Pre-1980 vehicles ($75)
- Billet End Cap ($40)
- Billet Top Cover with Needle Bearing ($90)
- 3 Bearing Kit: Includes Billet Top Cover w/needle bearing, mid bearing, bottom bearing, sleeve, o-ring and labor to bore housing ($165)
- Ram Assist Ports: Includes open porting of valve to allow more flow that is needed when using a hydraulic ram ($190)
This product will be shipped between 5-7 business days from when order is placed.