Saginaw GMT Steering Gearbox 16:1 Variable Ratio With DD Input Shaft For 2001-Present GM Trucks/SUVs
IMPORTANT NOTE: There is a Core charge of $75 that is included in the price of this product. If you return your Core to us, we will refund a portion of this product total. The portion refunded will depend on the quality of Core you are delivering to us. View our core values and policies.
$ 495.00 plus $75.00 Core deposit
This is a GM Truck and SUV gearbox that uses the 3 bolt "Triangle" mounting pattern. It is typically found on 1987-Present Chevy’s and GMC’s. It came in multiple variations. When ordering you will need to know the following information:
Piston Bore Size
There is a casting number on the housing of the gearbox (Either 83 or 84). 83 is a “small bore” (GMT400). 84 is a “big bore” (GMT800). Most of the time: 1500 2X4, 1500 4X4 and 2500 2X4 use the small bore, and 2500 4X4, 3500 2X4 OR 4X4 use the big bore, but there are some exceptions.
Most vehicles use a sector shaft with 3 Blind Splines, but some (usually Diesels) have 4 Blind Splines. You will need to know which you have.
End Cap Number
Some models of vehicles have different internal stops to limit steering travel. There is a number on the end cap that will let us know what stops you need.
It is also a good idea to verify your input shaft type. 1987-2000 should have a 3/4-30 splined input shaft and 2001 to present use a DD input shaft. Some models around the 2001 switch over may not follow these guidelines.
If you have all this information you can go through the pick boxes and order the gearbox you need. Your other option is to send your existing gearbox to us and have it rebuilt.
- 16:1 Variable Ratio
- 3 bolt "V" mounting pattern
- 18mm Metric O-ring pressure fitting
- 16mm Metric O-ring return fitting
- DD input shaft
- 25# Valve Weight
- Piston Bore: Choose small or big bore
- Blind Spline: Choose 3 or 4
- End Cap Number: Fill in with your number
- Billet End Cap: $40
- Billet Top Cover with Needle Bearing: $90
- 2 Bearing Kit: Includes Billet Top Cover w/needle bearing, mid bearing, bottom bearing, sleeve, o-ring and labor to bore housing ($165)
- Ram Assist Ports: Includes open porting of valve to allow more flow that is needed when using a hydraulic ram ($190)
- -6 AN Fittings Installed: $30
This product will be shipped between 5-7 business days from when order is placed.