Saginaw P Series Power Steering Pump For Classic GM Cars & Current GM Trucks
This is a Saginaw "P" power steering pump. It was found on GM vehicles from the 60’s through the 90’s and is still in use on some GM trucks today. It is a wet style pump that resides inside of a reservoir can. Because of hundreds of variations of this can (different clocking, neck types, cap placement and return hose placement), we sell this pump without a can, intended to be installed into your existing can. It comes with a new o-ring and you can take a look at our quick video for installation instructions.
Variations of P Series Saginaw power steering pump
Here is a breakdown of the variations throughout the years for most models of GM vehicles:
- From 1964-1974 this Saginaw pump had SAE mounting threads, used an SAE inverted flare fitting and came with a 5/8"" Keyed shaft.
- From 1975-1979 this Saginaw pump had SAE mounting threads, used an SAE inverted flare fitting and came with a 3/4"" press on shaft.
- From 1980-on this Saginaw pump had metric mounting threads, used a metric o-ring fitting and came with a 3/4"" press on shaft.
Because of these variables you will need to know the following information to order:
- Shaft: 3/4" Press On or 5/8" Keyed
- Fitting Type: SAE Inverted Flare, Metric O-Ring or add -6AN ($15)
- Pressure/Flow: Standard 1450PSI & 2.75GPM or With Hydroboost Brakes 1500PSI & 3.0GPM
It is HIGHLY recommended to use our specialty formulated Lee Power Steering Fluid.
AC Delco or Valvoline non synthetic power steering fluid will work as a second choice but do not have the same Wear and Anti-Foaming additives our fluid has.
DO NOT USE ATF OR ANY TYPE OF SYNTHETIC FLUID.
This product will be shipped between 3-5 business days from when order is placed.
12 Month Limited Warranty Against Manufacturer Defects. View our full warranty details.
Items may be returned within 30 days of purchase. Your original order receipt should be included in the return box. Items should be sent using the original packaging. Upon receipt of your return, we will ensure all items are undamaged, and issue your refund.
It looks great!
We won't have the car together for a few more months. So I haven't used the power steering pump yet. But it LOOKS great.
Great pump, great service
I had issues with my previous Saginaw pump from another vendor. Called Lee and they suggested their P-Series pump. I kept the old can, replaced the pump and the steering now works great.